1. English and Scientific names: Great Kiskadee (Pitangus sulphuratus)
2. Number of individuals, sexes, ages, general plumage (e.g., 2 in alternate plumage):
3. Locality: LOUISIANA: (parish) CameronSpecific Locality: near west end of Oak Grove woods
4. Date(s) when observed: April 29, 2011
5. Time(s) of day when observed: 5:30 pm
6. Reporting observer and address: David L'Hoste, 1006 Arabella Street, N.O., LA 70115
7. Other observers accompanying reporter who also identified the bird(s): Denise L'Hoste
8. Other observers who independently identified the bird(s):
9. Light conditions (position of bird in relation to shade and to direction and amount of light): Clear skies, low sun. Bird was well lit perched in good light.
10. Optical equipment (type, power, condition): BL 10 x 42, Pentax 8 x 40
11. Distance to bird(s): 60 feet
12. Duration of observation: 2 minutes
13. Habitat: Oak chenier
14. Behavior of bird / circumstances of observation (flying, feeding, resting; include and stress habits used in identification; relate events surrounding observation): Bird was perched and moved a short distance to another perch in same tree before flying west.
15. Description (include only what was actually seen, not what "should" have been seen; include if possible: total length/relative size compared to other familiar species, body bulk, shape, proportions, bill, eye, leg, and plumage characteristics. Stress features that separate it from similar species): Yellow underparts, brown/ruddy upperparts and black and white striped head.
16. Voice: Silent.
17. Similar species (include how they were eliminated by your observation): None.
18. Photographs or tape recordings obtained? (by whom? Attached?): None.
19. Previous experience with this species: Numerous encounters in Ecuador, Belize, Costa Rica and the Rio Grande Valley.
20. Identification aids: (list books, illustrations, other birders, etc. used in identification):a. at time of observation: None.b. after observation: None.
21. This description is written from: _____ notes made during the observation (_____notes attached?);_____notes made after the observation (date:_____); ___x__memory.
22. Are you positive of your identification if not, explain: Yes.
23. Date: May 9, 2011 Time: 6:30 pm